Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independence Day

Jocelyn, my sister in law, invited us to one of her client's private 4th of July party in Tooele. The host has one of the largest collection of WWII memorabilia in the world. It was crazy to see all that he has, and we were just privy to on of his 10 warehouses! It was also humbling and amazing to talk to some WWII vets and hear their stories. How grateful I am to the men and women that are serving our country right now. And although it seems selfish for me to say, how grateful I am that Dan is NOT serving. I wouldn't wish those memories or experiences on anyone. Here are some pictures of the tanks and stuff.

There were posted signs everywhere asking for people not to touch any of the collection. To anyone that cast a wary eye at Tony, he replied, "It's okay, I'm a tank model." Clearly.

It was a fun time. Thanks Jocelyn!


1 comment:

Casee said...

Clearly. I love it!

How blessed we are. And I hear ya, I am glad Matt isn't serving, and I am grateful that others are willing.